When it comes to planning a birthday party for your child, it can feel like more stress than it’s worth. It can be exhausting wanting it to be perfect for your little guy or gal, but why not make it a fun planning experience? Believe it or not, planning your child’s birthday party can be fun, and you can give them their best birthday party bash yet. At Jumpin’ Jamboree, we are here to take the stress of planning off of your plate and give you a fun birthday party that your child and their friends will be talking about all year long. Here are our tips for planning your child’s best birthday party yet.
- Involve your child. They know they have a birthday party coming up, so why not involve them? Unless it’s a surprise birthday party, the best way to give them the best birthday party, is to give them what they want in a party. It’s likely that they’ll have been thinking about this birthday party for a while, and have ideas about what they’d like. Let your child choose the theme, help you with shopping and decorating, and take part in getting the cake (or dessert) ready. This helps spread out the anticipation, excitement, and celebration. That way, your child feels celebrated for longer than a couple of hours, and the celebration with their friends is that much sweeter. With Jumpin’ Jamboree, we help you choose your theme, provide delicious pizza, provide goodie bags, and other birthday party details that you don’t have to worry about.
- Invite the right people. Above anyone else, make sure your child’s best friend is invited. Even before you set the date, check with their parents and make sure they are free on your child’s birthday party date. When you’re thinking about school friends, think about “all” (your child’s whole class) to avoid any hurt feelings. If you’re choosing not to invite the entire class, ask as many kids as your child’s age plus one. Also, take into account the birthday party activities you’re planning. A large number is better for shorter parties in length. Sleepovers are better for groups of three to four kids. When you plan your birthday party with Jumpin’ Jamboree, we have the invitations covered so that you can focus on other aspects of making your child’s birthday party amazing.
- Enlist helpers. When you enlist help, you don’t have to be running around doing everything. The truth is, you can’t greet guests while supervising a game or cut the cake while pouring drinks, etc. Ask other parents ahead of time, get an older sibling, or get the kids at the birthday party to help. Kids actually want to help grown-ups. It gives them a sense of pride that they poured all the drinks, or passed out the cake, whatever it is.
- Have the party at the right time. If your child is young, schedule the birthday party for when they’re at their best. This means neither too sleepy, nor too hungry. If your child is still a toddler, after naptime is best. Lunchtime works best for preschoolers. Also, if your child is toddler to preschool age, keep the birthday party shorter, approximately an hour and a half. If your child is a bit older, you can (and should) extend the birthday party to about two to three hours.
- What to do at the party. When it comes to your child’s birthday party, the pacing is important. Pacing will keep all the kids engaged and having fun, all while not draining you. The best way to pace the birthday party is to divide it up into 10-15 minute increments. Each increment is allotted for play, lunch, cake, presents, and so on. If some part of the birthday party is not going well, drop it and move on. If the kids are loving a certain part, extend it and keep it going.
- Where to have the party. We know you’ve done all the textbook birthday parties. But have you thought about having it at an indoor, inflatable playground? How about one that gets rid of your stress by creating the perfect party on your behalf? With a birthday party at Jumpin’ Jamboree, we give you access to:
- Exclusive access to a private birthday party suite for two hours.
- Unlimited playtime in our indoor inflatable playground.
- Assigned Jumpin’ Jamboree party host.
- Pizza and drinks.
- Party supplies including balloons, plates, cups, napkins, table covers, and utensils.
- Birthday party invitations.
- $10.00 complimentary game card for the birthday boy or girl.
- Special birthday gift for the birthday boy or girl.
- A party throne for the birthday boy or girl.
- A special visit from one of our mascot chipmunks, Jumpz or Jamz, to meet and greet with all the kids.
- Full set-up and clean-up by Jumpin’ Jamboree.
Trust Jumpin’ Jamboree to partner with you to create your child’s best birthday party yet. Get in touch with us today to reserve your birthday party space today!